WES School Council
Our WES School Council is composed of representatives from the following groups: parents of students attending our school, staff members and community volunteers. All parent representatives are elected at an annual meeting with the exception of a community member who is selected by the new council members. The parent council provides the opportunity to advise the school's administration on policies and procedures, which affect the operation of the school. The meetings are held on a monthly basis and are open to the public. Please feel welcome to attend and have a voice in the education of your children!
Meeting for 2020-21 will be held virtually. Please contact school 780-842-3361 to request an invitation code
WES School Council
SCHOOL COUNCIL NEEDS YOU
The Wainwright Elementary School Council is a council representing the interests of parents, staff and community members who are public school supporters. Their mission is to provide advice on the management of the school to enable the students to be the best they can be. As an advisory board to the management of the school, the council works in cooperation with school staff, all parents and community members to advise the school in the following areas:
- As an advisory structure to the principal and staff, presenting parental and community concerns and perspectives on issues related to programs, school planning, budgeting and the management of the school.
- As a means of disseminating information about the school and about parental priorities and of promoting community understanding and the involvement in the school.
- As a liaison between the school, parents, community and other school support organizations for the purpose of information-sharing and cooperating.
- As an advisory structure to the school board on matters relating to the school division.
The council consists of 12 members: 6 parents, 2 teachers, 1 support staff, 1 community member and the principal and past chairman as exofficio member. Meetings are held monthly and are no more than 1.5 hours in length. The 6 parent members and one community member are usually elected at the June Annual General Meeting, but with June being a very, very busy month last year we did not have a sufficient number of parents out to meet the requirement of our constitution. …This is where you, the parent comes in.
Whether you are a seasoned pro at volunteering, or if you just want to try something new, meet other parents with the same focus and you want to be more involved in your child’s school then we have a place for you! Did you know that you don’t have to be elected to the council to attend our monthly meetings? You are welcome to attend them all. In fact, the first part of each meeting is designated as open chair, any parent, staff or board member may address the council to briefly state their opinion or concern.
- Parent Groups
- Kindergarten Association of Parents
- School Fee Information
- Wainwright Elementary Parent Association
- WES School Council